Donna Franklin is a Paediatric Research Fellow and a Registered Nurse with more than 30 year’s experience in Paediatric Critical Care. Her research is primarily focused on respiratory medicine and investigating oxygen therapies in paediatrics to reduce the need for escalation of care. She works across ICU, General Paediatrics and Emergency Medicine with her research and in recent years has performed several successful large multicentre international RCT’s. As an early career researcher Donna is continuing to build on strong collaborations with PREDICT and international collaborations with India, Bangladesh and China for future research.
- Lions Dunning-Orlich NHMRC Emerging Leadership Investigator Award (2021)
- Nursing Co-Chair for World Federation of Pediatric Critical Care Societies Research Committees (WFPICCs), specifically aimed at LMIC’s
- First author on a landmark paper in the highest ranked medical journal “New England Journal of Medicine”, ranked as a single international publication in the top 95% (Altmetrics May 2019)
- Led and co-authored Clinical Services Capability Framework for Qld Paediatric services (2010-2012)
- Most Outstanding Australian Alumni of the Year Award, Southern Cross University, Tweed Heads campus (2018)
- Most Outstanding National Australian Alumni of the Year Award, all Southern Cross University campuses Australia wide (2018)
Connect with Dr Franklin: