Gold Coast Health welcomes and appreciates the time you take to provide feedback.
The Gold Coast Health Patient Liaison Service can:
- convey your appreciation to staff and advise them of any aspects of your care and treatment you found to be of an exceptional standard.
- assist with any concerns you wish to raise about the care or service you have been provided.
- refer your concerns to appropriate staff members, and keep you informed of the progress.
- seek to address and resolve your concerns and provide advice.
Tell us about your experience
Help us identify what is working well, and what areas may need improvement.
- We recognise your right to make a complaint and to have it fairly investigated.
- The care provided to you or your loved one will not be affected by your decision to make a complaint.
- We recognise your rights to have your culture, beliefs and values respected. If you need an interpreter (language or signing), please advise us and it will be arranged for you.
- Gold Coast Health is committed to protecting its staff from occupational violence. Threatening behaviours, including abusive and aggressive messages, will not be tolerated.
If you wish to make a compliment or complaint, you can take the following steps:
Step 1 - Speak to the staff
If you are making a complaint, telling a staff member caring for you gives them an opportunity to fix the problem if they can. If you are not happy with their response, you may ask to speak with a Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent of the area.
Step 2 - Contact the Patient Liaison Service
You can contact the Patient Liaison Service by email or by completing the online feedback form below.
Staff will acknowledge your concerns within five (5) days or contact you for further information. If you have raised an issue requiring an investigation, you should receive a feedback letter within 35 days.
While every effort is made to complete investigations within this time frame, for complex matters it may extend beyond 35 days.
Step 3 - Health Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you have the option of also contacting the Office of the Health Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent from Gold Coast Health and can be contacted by:
Phone: 133 OHO (133 646)
Post: PO Box 13281 George St, Brisbane QLD 4003
We take your privacy seriously. It is important to note that there will be no record of your complaint attached to your medical chart. All complaints are treated with the utmost confidentiality at all times.
Online Feedback Form
Please enter your details in the form below: