The Endoscopy is a highly specialised service that encompasses both diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic medical procedures.
The core service is primarily Gastroenterology including:
- oesophageal dilatation
- haemorrhoid ligation and injection
- fine needle aspiration
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Queensland National Bowel Screening.
Varsity Lakes Day Hospital Endoscopy Service maintains close links to Gold Coast University Hospital to ensure optimal patient treatment.
We specialise in correcting skin lesions in elective day procedures including:
- removal of lesions
- minor skin flaps to repair defects
- minor hand surgery.
Referrals are accepted by Optometrists, GPs, and from within the hospital and health service.
We treat disorders of bone, muscle and tendon specialising in:
- carpal tunnel release
- knee arthroscopy
- removal of metal/pins/plates
- minor fractures requiring only day procedures.
Referrals are accepted from within the hospital and health service.
We treat disorders of the eye such as disease, loss of vision and trauma specialising in:
- cataract surgery
- extra ocular plastic surgery.
Referrals are accepted from Optometrists, GPs, and within the hospital and health service.