There are a number of entry points at Gold Coast University Hospital:
In an emergency? use Hollows Way off Olsen Ave for direct access to the drop-off zone.
Visiting the hospital
- The main entrance is the best entry to access clinical services.
- Use Hospital Boulevard to access the drop-off zone at the front entrance.
- Visitor parking is available on Hospital Boulevard; commercial rates apply.
- Children's - Block D (main clinical services building), ground floor
- Adults - Block D, level 1
- Imaging / X-ray - Block D, lower ground
- Women's - Block B, level 1
- Cancer - Block C, ground floor
Finding your way around the hospital
A number of wayfinding signs and kiosks are visible throughout the hospital including:
- Information desk manned by volunteers and reception staff
- Interactive touch-screen kiosks
- Floor and room signage including Braille
- Visual cues including three-dimensional art pieces
- Each building has been allocated a block identifier (eg. A, B, C or D)
- Each block is identified by a colour, (eg. Block D is orange)
- Signage throughout the hospital will display the block, level and room numbers
Ward naming convention
Wards are named by their geographic location. For example, Maternity Ward will be known as B3 North, where:
- ‘B’ is the block or building
- ‘3’ is the level of the block
- ‘North’ is the orientation of the ward
Touch screen kiosks
Interactive touch screen kiosks are located at each entrance, including the Emergency Department and Main Foyer.
The kiosks help visitors:
- Search for a specific location, room or department
- Search for facilities including parking, toilets and other amenities
- Print directions