Testing your Device
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest operating system for your device.
- If using an Apple device, earlier operating systems such as iOS 15.1 do not work with our software, so you will have trouble connecting to your clinician. Get support on the Apple website
- Close out of all tabs, check your internet connection, and click on the link again.
- Close your browser completely and click on the link again.
- Make sure you allow access to your microphone and camera when asked. If you are not asked, close the browser window, and try again.
- Avoid using your phone for other calls while in the virtual waiting room as this interferes with the microphone connection.
- If you have a poor connection, think about what gives you the best internet coverage (home Wi-Fi or device) and use that for your appointment.
- If your clinician cannot see you in the waiting room, we will contact you.
About your appointment
Your clinician can still write scripts, and order pathology and radiology. These can be posted to you or faxed to your local hospital/pharmacy. Ask your clinician about these options during your appointment.
We’ve offered you a video consultation because your clinical team are confident that they can provide you with the care you need without physical contact.
As part of the COVID-19 response, clinicians may also choose to see their patients via a video or phone call. This is to keep our staff and patients safe.
We will ensure your appointment follows Queensland Health privacy policies and practices.
That’s ok, you can still have your appointment. Please forward your support person the link you were sent and open it on their device.
Yes. You can ask family members, carers, or other health professionals (where agreed) to attend. Forward the link to them and please let your clinician know that you want them to attend.
- Less time spent travelling and no travel or parking costs.
- Less time required off work or other usual activities.
- Greater convenience and access to care.
- You and your clinician will be able to see each other, meaning your clinician can still visually assess your physical state.
- Video Consultations allow you to have your appointment even if your clinician is not located at the hospital.
- Gold Coast Health provides interpreter services for patients attending the hospital who are from non-English speaking backgrounds. If you require the assistance of an interpreter, please indicate this on your registration form and advise the hospital prior to any medical appointments.
- Interpreter services are provided free-of-charge to all patients who require the service, including non-Medicare patient