We offer various employee benefits for nurses and midwives with support and opportunities available across all career stages. Graduate opportunities are available annually for registered nurses, midwives and enrolled nurses who are starting their career pathways.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive range of health care services, which provide many opportunities for your emerging nursing and midwifery career.
We acknowledge that the transition from student to clinician requires support and guidance, so we focus on further developing the knowledge and skills acquired during your undergraduate program. Our hospitals offer opportunities for both newly qualified enrolled, registered nurses and registered midwives.
Visit the Nursing and Midwifery Student Gateway
We provide education opportunities and programs for clinical skill and professional development in our purpose-built education facilities, including state of the art simulation labs.
Opportunities exist for beginning practitioners to experienced clinicians to engage in lifelong learning through the programs we offer.
Our education opportunities include:
- nurse educators working to develop, promote and maintain excellence
- annual funding to help nurses/midwives attend conferences or targeted training
- graduate nurse/midwife and specialty transition support programs to develop confidence and competence
- facilitated clinical placements for students, including postgraduate, from vocational and tertiary education providers
- access to high-quality learning facilities
- nursing and midwifery peer review process to support professional development.
We actively support nurses in advanced roles across various specialty areas to improve patient care and excellence within our workforce.
Gold Coast Health has suspended the one-day work experience program for High School students and hopes to resume this program in the near future. In the meantime, we have online videos demonstrating our clinical health careers in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Physiotherapy and Social Work.