We offer a comprehensive range of health care services, which provide many opportunities for your emerging nursing career.
We acknowledge that the transition from student to clinician requires support and guidance, so we focus on further developing the knowledge and skills acquired during your undergraduate program. Our hospitals offer graduate opportunities for both enrolled and registered nurses.
About the Graduate Transition
Our graduate transition is designed to develop you into a safe, competent and confident clinician who can work collaboratively in a team. During your transition you will receive:
- comprehensive orientation and preceptorship support
- paid study days to support and encourage growth
- preceptorship and mentoring throughout the transition program
- supported professional development to solidify and further extend knowledge
- career advancement opportunities for motivated candidates to make their mark in the organisation.
What do we offer?
Clinical experiences potentially offered in the following areas for Graduate Enrolled Nurses:
Clinical experiences offered in the following areas for Graduate Registered Nurses/Midwifery:
|We also offer an opportunity for novice nurses to transition into specialty services. Units that offer specialty transition to practice programs include:|
Note: We no longer offer graduate positions in the above areas for first year graduates.
We welcome applications from enrolled nurses and registered nurses who are approaching graduation or recently graduated.
Registered Nurses apply through the Queensland Government Graduate Portal and must:
- have completed their first university undergraduate nursing or midwifery course within 24 months prior to application or be due to complete their course by December
- be eligible to apply for Nursing or Midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- meet documentation and identity checks required by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- have not worked as a registered nurse or midwife for more than six months full time equivalent
- select Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service as their first preference (second preference applicants will not be considered)
- be a Rank 1 applicant (refer to the Graduate Prospectus on the Graduate portal for more information about Rank).
Graduate enrolled nurses can apply through the Queensland Government Smart Jobs website during the month of November or May if you meet the following criteria:
- recently completed your Diploma of Nursing (within twelve months of commencing)
- have not been employed as an enrolled nurse for more than six months full time equivalent
- have Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Residency
- will be registered with AHPRA prior to commencement.
Registered Nurse – visit the Queensland Health Graduate Campaign site for more information.
Enrolled Nurse – visit the Queensland Health Smart Jobs website for more information.
|Application Period||Program start date|
|Month of November||To commence January of the following year|
|Month of May||To commence mid-year September|
For graduate transition enquiries, please contact GCNursingClinicalPlacements@health.qld.gov.au.
For application and recruitment information, please contact one of our Recruitment Nurse Managers at GCHNursingJobs@health.qld.gov.au.