Whether you're staying overnight or just a day patient, you will need to bring:
- your appointment letter or prescription book
- Medicare card
- concession cards such as Healthcare card or Veterans Affairs card
- test results
- any medications or tablets you are currently using
- something to do while you wait such as a book, magazine, knitting, etc.
What to bring for day surgery
If you are coming to hospital for day surgery, please also bring:
- as few personal belongings as possible that will be placed in a small locker before your procedure and can be collected before discharge
- reading glasses
- any medication used daily.
What to bring for an overnight or longer stay
If you are staying overnight, please also bring:
- any medicine or tablets you are currently using
- night wear and dressing gown
- appropriate footwear
- toiletries—toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, soap and feminine products
- personal shaving gear
- handkerchiefs or tissues
- a big bag enough to fit all your belongings in (including the clothes and footwear you will be wearing on the day).