Schools, community groups and childcare centres in the Gold Coast region are being invited to host the Keep Your Smile Program, which will be delivered on-site by our Gold Coast Oral Health Service clinical team.
This program aims to increase awareness of the importance of oral health, provide preventative care and support those that require follow up care.
Children participating in the Keep Your Smile Program will receive:
- Limited dental examination (a basic visual inspection to identify those who are likely to require dental care)
- Oral health education including toothbrushing instruction
- Professionally applied fluoride varnish as required
- Take home dental pack and printed advice on their oral health needs and how to access FREE follow up dental care
Fluoride varnish is made with 5% sodium fluoride and is used widely as a prevention tool for vulnerable teeth. It can protect both ‘baby’ and ‘adult’ teeth to stop cavities starting and slow cavities that have already begun. It is proven safe and effective for children of all ages, including infants. The application is quick, and most children are happy with the fruity bubblegum taste.
It can best help prevent decay when a child is also brushing using toothpaste with fluoride, flossing regularly, getting regular dental care, and eating a healthy diet.
Please email GCKeepYourSmileProgram@health.qld.gov.au if you would like to host the Keep Your Smile Program and our staff will contact you to provide further details.
1. Please email GCKeepYourSmileProgram@health.qld.gov.au if you would like to host the Keep Your Smile Program and our staff will contact you to provide further details.
2. Please send the program consent form and program letter to parents/legal guardians/carers of children.
3. Please complete and display posters to promote when the Keep Your Smile Program will be conducted in your setting