What we do
- Provide expert advice on food safety, composition and labelling
- Manage and investigate foodborne illness outbreaks
- Investigate complaints regarding food safety and standards
- Investigate prescribed contaminant in food notifications and recalls, food contamination, and ACCC food reports
- Audit state school tuckshops, and food manufacturers;
- Conduct Food Sampling surveys and implement local and state-wide compliance projects
- Partner with stakeholders including local government and Safe Food Production Qld.
City of Gold Coast environmental health officers also have a role in food safety as they are responsible for licensing food businesses and auditing them to identify health and environmental impacts. They also offer food safety training courses (non-accredited) and handle food service complaints related to practices that pose a risk to public health (phone: 1300 465 326 or 07 5582 8211 email: firstname.lastname@example.org).