Our team works with adults and children to support their diagnosis, recovery and independent well-being. We use individual care plans, patient-centred rehabilitation, self-management of chronic disease and evidence-based interventions to support a person’s medical care.
We have opportunities in dietetics, medical imaging, occupational therapy, ophthalmology, pharmacy, physiotherapy, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology and social work.
Allied Health Professionals within Gold Coast Health have access to an additional Professional Capability Framework for Allied Health which complements the organisation-wide Core Capability Framework. The Professional Capability Framework details the professional capabilities for Allied Health positions, providing a common language and set of expectations across the professions, and acting as a developmental tool to support and inform discussions about professional skill development and career progression within Gold Coast Health.
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration packages for dental and allied health
- Educational support
- Professional indemnity cover
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Professional development.
Find out more about requirements to practice, career structure, salary and training on the Queensland Health website.
- Study and Research Assistance Scheme (SARAS) provides financial and/or leave assistance for part-time and full-time study or research.
- Allied Health Professional Enhancement Program
- Clinical activity via videoconference
- Development of training and resource packages.
Gold Coast Health has suspended the one-day work experience program for High School students and hopes to resume this program in the near future. In the meantime, we have online videos demonstrating our clinical health careers in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Physiotherapy and Social Work.