We strive to be an employer of choice by providing equitable and fair opportunities for people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse people and disadvantaged groups.
Through our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy we:
- Building a diverse and inclusive workplace culture;
- Meeting our equal employment opportunity targets;
- Delivering on an ambitious Action Plan;
- Embedding inclusion into everything that we do;
- Increasing capability and commitment of leadership;
- Improving attraction, pathways, retention and learning and development opportunities for diverse employees; and
- Connecting with customers and community with everything that we do.
What are we doing?
- Facilitating employee networks for diverse staff and their allies, so all staff can have their say on building an inclusive culture.
- Encouraging staff to work flexibly, to better balance life and work commitments.
- Piloting pathways programs for people with disability to work at Gold Coast Health in an area of their interest.
- Providing important training in cultural competence, disability inclusion and LGBTI inclusion so that staff are confident to create inclusive workspaces.
- Mark important days of significance to build awareness of the importance of diversity and inclusion.
We partner with the National Disability Recruitment Coordinator, TAFE Queensland Gold Coast and EPIC Assist to support and recruit people in a barrier-free process, as well as providing long-term employment and training opportunities.
If you apply for a job with us and need special support or access, advise us in your application, or contact our hiring manager or Diversity Officer.
Gold Coast Health, in partnership with Queensland Health is a member of:
- The Australian Network on Disability – a national, membership based, for-purpose organisation that supports organisations to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
- Pride in Diversity – the national not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTQ workplace inclusion, specialising in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity.
- The Diversity Council of Australia – the independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you apply for a job with us and need any adjustments to the recruitment process advise us in your application, contact the hiring manager in the role description or the Diversity and Inclusion Advisor on: DiversityGCH@health.qld.gov.au
DisTinct Pathways Program
The DisTinct Pathways Program (DisTinct) provides the opportunity for people living with a disability, to work at Gold Coast Health in an area of their interest. The program aims to enable a progressive and disability confident culture that maximises the potential of diversity, diverse voices and ideas. DisTinct also allows our leaders and teams to embrace an inclusive workplace where there are equal employment opportunities and a workforce that reflects our community.