Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of our Gold Coast Health ‘Always Care’ philosophy and is critical to our ability to deliver health care services and a work environment that is safe, fair and inclusive. Our vision is a culture that supports our inclusive blended workforce and ensures all employees feel welcome, included and engaged.
Through our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy we commit to:
- Increasing representation to meet diversity targets, particularly in leadership and critical roles
- Fostering a culture of belonging to ensure our people feel valued, respected, heard and seen
- Strengthening leadership accountability for delivering diversity, inclusion and wellbeing goals
- Increasing staff capability, training and awareness
- Ensuring systems, processes and policies promote a culture of equal opportunity, free from bias and discrimination
- Promoting a safe and healthy environment that prioritises psychosocial health and wellbeing
Our dedicated action plans translate our vision into actionable goals over the next two years. Employee led and evidence based, these action plans outline our shared commitment and direction to:
- Gender Equality
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer (LGBTIQ+) Inclusion
- Multicultural Inclusion
- Life Stages
GCH supports its LGBTIQ+ employees to bring their whole selves to work. By creating a safe and inclusive work environment GCH can improve employee wellbeing, engagement and productivity.
GCH is in the business of caring and saving lives, to do this we need to provide equitable health care to all people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or sex and will need the support of all staff to make this a reality.
Gold Coast Health is the largest employer on the Gold Coast. By achieving LGBTIQ+ inclusion within the organisation, GCH is also helping to drive inclusion in the community as we are ultimately all a part of the community.
Gold Coast Health, in partnership with Queensland Health is a member of:
- The Australian Network on Disability – a national, membership based, for-purpose organisation that supports organisations to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
- Pride in Diversity – the national not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTQ workplace inclusion, specialising in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity.
- The Diversity Council of Australia – the independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- JobAccess – the national hub for workplace and employment information for people with disability, employers and service providers. Through our partnership we utilise the National Disability Recruitment Coordinator and commit to supporting and recruiting people with disability in a barrier-free process.
We advertise our vacancies in various media, depending on the role. Ensure you view the range of career opportunities available via Smart Jobs (selecting Location: Gold Coast and Department or Organisation: Queensland Health). If you apply for a job with us and need any adjustments to the recruitment process advise us in your application, contact the hiring manager in the role description or the Diversity and Inclusion Advisor on: DiversityGCH@health.qld.gov.au
DisTinct Pathways Program
The DisTinct Pathways Program (DisTinct) provides entry level placement opportunities at Gold Coast Health for people living with a disability. The program aims to enable a progressive and disability confident culture that maximises the potential of diversity, diverse voices and ideas. DisTinct also allows our leaders and teams to embrace an inclusive workplace where there are equal employment opportunities and a workforce that reflects our community.
Gold Coast Health has been selected by Dylan Alcott’s (AO, Paralympic gold medallist and grand slam tennis champion) organisation, Get Skilled Access to participate in the Recruitable Program, in partnership with Ranstand. The aim of the program is to create equal employment opportunities for people with disability and continuously improve inclusive workplace practices.
Team Health (as part of the Diversity & Inclusion unit), supports our Gold Coast Health staff in a caring manner to help them achieve optimal health and wellbeing, by providing access to programs, events and on-line resources to support both your body and mind.
Our vision is to create a healthy and psychologically safe work environment, ensuring all employees can work in a supportive, professional, and caring workplace.