The Children's Hospital in the home service allows your child to be cared for at home by nursing, medical and allied health staff from Gold Coast University Hospital. The service is designed to facilitate early discharge and avoid a hospital admission where a patient would otherwise require care as an inpatient.
We can provide care to private or public patients under the age of 18 years old (0-18yrs) that live within the Gold Coast health catchment area.
- NG Feeding support at home
- Daily IV Antibiotics and continuous IV Antibiotics
- Eczema wet wrap support
- Bowel washout at home
- Hypospadias repair support
- Overnight Saturation Monitoring
- Allied health services (physiotherapy for children with chronic diseases)
CHITH provides high-level care in the child’s own environment with the aim to limit disruptions to their normal routine such as school to help assist in the recovery process.