Our Learning Experience and Academic Placement (LEAP) program allows students who are studying non-clinical disciplines at tertiary institutions, the opportunity to gain real-world experience in their desired field of study.
The LEAP program offers a variety of work experience/Internship opportunities based on current programs and business requirements. Non-clinical placements are offered to students who are currently enrolled in a tertiary facility looking to gain short term work experience. All approved students must provide evidence of their COVID 19 vaccinations prior to commencement.
The LEAP Program takes students across a variety of timeframes, often aligning to university trimesters, however the program is very flexible to team and intern needs.
Current Tertiary Partners
To date, Gold Coast Health has established relationships with the following local tertiary institutes:
- Griffith University
- Bond University
- Southern Cross University
- TAFE Gold Coast
- University of Queensland (UQ)
Areas of study
An example of non-clinical disciplines that have successfully hosted student interns within Gold Coast Health are outlined below:
- IT – Information Technology, Multimedia, Software Development, Computer Programming
- Business – Human Resources, Employment Relations, Logistics & Supply Chain, Management/Business
- Humanities, Language & Art – Communication/Journalism, Public Relations, Creative Writing, Languages
- Tourism/Events – Event Management, Marketing, Hospitality
- Law – Legal Studies, Governance, Risk & Assurance
- Commerce – Accounting, Economics, Finance
Intern opportunities vary based on operational requirements. If you are interested in pursuing a Non-Clinical Internship as part of your academic studies, please contact the Work Integrated Learning Coordinator or Placements Officer from your tertiary provider.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourage the participation of students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.