Attends to all inpatient requests across Gold Coast University Hospital and Robina Hospital.
The Wound Care Centre consists of four examination bays equipped with three examination chairs.
The primary role of the Wound Management Service is:
- Provides a wound care consultation service for in-patients with complex wounds
- To provide education and support to staff and in-patients with a wound
- Ongoing support and education for inpatients and other patients presenting to the hospital with a wound or change in their management plan
- Provision of resource persons for clients and staff
- Appropriate referrals to specialist services to achieve the best possible outcome for the patient.