We act as a tertiary service and provide inpatient consultation and outpatient services which include:
- Comprehensive assessment of patients with persistant pain
- Medical interventions
- Individual allied health treatment
- Advice on medication management
- Group interventions – A seven week (one day per week) outpatient program and a 1 day outpatient education day.
Patients with persistent pain (persisting for three months or more) where:
- Chronic pain impacts on a patient's activity participation/ functional capacity
- All active medical investigations and specialists consultations (orthopaedic, rheumatology, neurology etc) are completed
- Nil ongoing insurance or Workers Compensation Claims relating to chronic pain condition
- No current acute psychiatric condition including psychosis or suicide intent
- Patient lives within the catchment area for the Interdisciplinary Persistent Pain Centre, Robina. The catchment for the IPPC includes Gold Coast, west to Roma, Charleville and Cunnamulla, Northern NSW and south to Coffs Harbour and Grafton.