Last updated 18 January 2023
Queensland has moved to a traffic light system for COVID advice.
This means we recommend you wear a mask:
- stay home if you’re sick
- keep up to date with your vaccinations
- maintain good hygiene
- take a rapid antigen test (RAT) if you get COVID-19 symptoms
- wear a mask if required by a healthcare provider, venue, or household.
Masks are recommended in our hospitals and healthcare facilities, particularly when providing care to, working with, supporting, or visiting vulnerable persons.
If you get COVID-19:
- register your RAT results
- stay home until you’re well
- wear a mask for 7 days after your test
- avoid visiting hospitals, aged care or disability care for 7 days after your test
- ask household members to closely monitor their symptoms
If you have been diagnosed with COVID and require an urgent visit to a loved one, please contact the ward team leader via the hospital switchboard.