Gold Coast Health welcomes and appreciates the time you take to provide feedback.
The Gold Coast Health Consumer Feedback Service can:
- convey your appreciation to staff and advise them of any aspects of your care and treatment you found to be of an exceptional standard.
- assist with any concerns you wish to raise about the care or service you have been provided.
- refer your concerns to appropriate staff members, and keep you informed of the progress.
- seek to address and resolve your concerns and provide advice.
Tell us about your experience
Help us identify what is working well, and what areas may need improvement.
- We recognise your right to make a complaint and to have it fairly investigated.
- The care provided to you or your loved one will not be affected by your decision to make a complaint.
- We recognise your rights to have your culture, beliefs and values respected. If you need an interpreter (language or signing), please advise us and it will be arranged for you.
- We all deserve to be treated with courtesy and respect. That is our commitment to you. Please treat our staff the same way.
If you wish to make a compliment or complaint, you can take the following steps:
Step 1 - Speak to the staff
If you are making a complaint, telling a staff member caring for you gives them an opportunity to fix the problem if they can. If you are not happy with their response, you may ask to speak with a Nurse Unit Manager or equivalent of the area.
Step 2 - Contact the Consumer Feedback Service
You can contact the Consumer Feedback Service by email, by completing the online feedback form below, or by phone (07) 5687 2048. Compliment and complaint forms are also available for you to print, complete and submit.
When the Consumer Feedback Service receives your concerns, they will acknowledge receipt within five (5) days or contact you for further information, then send your correspondence on to the relevant area for review. While every effort is made to complete this process as soon possible, a longer timeframe may be required for more complex matters.
Step 3 - Health Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you have the option of also contacting the Office of the Health Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent from Gold Coast Health and can be contacted by:
Phone: 133 OHO (133 646)
Post: PO Box 13281 George St, Brisbane QLD 4003
We take your privacy seriously. All complaints are treated with the utmost confidentiality at all times.
Please note, we are required to adhere to the Queensland Information Privacy Act 2009. If your concerns relate to another person, we may need to contact them to obtain permission to proceed with a review, access their medical record and provide a response.
Online Feedback Form
Please enter your details in the form below: