Gold Coast health employees who have been invited to deliver an oral presentation (10 minutes or more) at a conference, may be eligible for a maximum stipend of $5000 to assist with costs of conference registration and travel (where applicable).
A maximum stipend of $1,000 towards education programs (typically course fees), relevant to the applicant’s discipline is also available to eligible Gold Coast Health employees.
Funding is awarded as part of the Study, Education, Research Trust Account (SERTA) scheme where operational funds or other resources are unavailable to the applicant.
Increasing workforce confidence
By giving our workforce the opportunity to generate new knowledge, we can enable innovation by challenging what we are doing now and driving future-focused change.
What you need to know
The Study, Education and Research Trust Account (SERTA) Committee will assess funding applications based on the key criteria:
- You will be asked to complete an online application form including a summary (no more than 500 words) outlining the request, which demonstrates the benefit and alignment to our strategic goals.
- Evidence to support your submission including:
- invitation to present at a conference.
- conference or education program flyer detailing fees/costs.
- Professional Development Allowance form (if applicable).
- quotes for accommodation, flights (if applicable).
- Overseas Travel form and evidence of Ministerial approval application or copy of approval letter (if applicable).