Gastroenterology refers to the branch of medicine studying diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It should be noted that endoscopy services are often considered in conjunction with Digestive health services.
The Endoscopy Service is a highly specialised service that encompasses both diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic medical procedures.
The core service is primarily Gastroenterology with some respiratory procedures.
- Gastrostomy (PEG) service
- Oesophageal dilatation
- Oesophageal banding
- Oesophageal and duodenal stenting
- Argon Plasma Coagulation
- Halo ablation
- Colonoscopy (Watch our video on preparing for your procedure)
- Haemorrhoid Ligation and injection
- Colonic stenting
- E.R.C.P. (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- Biliary stenting
- EUS (endoscopic ultrasound) linear and radial
- Fine needle aspiration
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- EBUS (endoscopic bronchial ultrasound)
- Queensland National Bowel Screening.
Bronchoscopy services are a subset of endoscopy services, and refer to the technique of visualising the inside of the airways for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes via a bronchoscope which is inserted through the nose or mouth.