We coordinate the delivery of national and state immunisation programs with more than 180 vaccine service providers including General Practices and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples health services. As well, our team delivers free community immunisation clinics and the School Immunisation Program on the Gold Coast.
Our goal is to maintain and improve vaccination rates, including vulnerable and Indigenous groups, to minimise major vaccine preventable diseases in our community.
What we do
- Provide free community clinics and school immunisation clinics
- Provide expert clinical and program advice to vaccine service providers
- Provide advice and assistance with the management of cold chain breaches
- Manage adverse events following immunisation,
- Provide school vaccination records not available through Australian Immunisation Register
- Provide education and advice to community
- Promote immunisation for pregnant women
- Improve immunisation data quality
- Facilitate the follow up of children overdue for vaccination.