Participating in clinical trials
Whilst some clinical trials require healthy volunteers, some can be an option for healthcare. Patients, therefore, have an opportunity to test treatments while contributing to science, benefiting our community for generations to come. Some of the benefits of participating in a clinical trial include:
- Potentially access new and innovative therapy, free of charge.
- Contribute to science, benefiting the community for generations to come.
- Gain an increased insight into the management of your condition.
- Receive close follow up of your health from the Clinical Trial Unit.
- Be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses.
Interested in participating in a trial? Register here.
I was interested in participating in a Clinical Trial that could potentially offer more protection to my unborn baby. In the beginning I had a few concerns, however, I found the Clinical Trial Coordinators to be so warm and welcoming, like we had known each other for years. They explained everything clearly and answered all my questions putting my nerves at ease. I found that throughout the trial they always kept in touch to check in on how we were feeling. I would happily recommend working with the Gold Coast Health team to anyone thinking of participating in a trial.- From one of our maternal participants