Research at Gold Coast Health provides the evidence base for best practice, innovative service delivery and improved community outcomes. The Gold Coast Health Research Strategy (2018-2022) Roadmap identifies four strategic objectives that will enable us to develop a culture of excellence in research and be recognised as a healthcare leader:
- build research capacity
- strengthen partnerships
- promote excellence in innovation and research
- improve health and health service outcomes.
Research groups and collaboratives across various clinical disciplines help drive our research areas. Details about the research being undertaken within these groups and collaboratives are available in our annual research report.
Research Snapshot 2019
Also available via Queensland Government Publications
Research enablers at Gold Coast Health
- The Office for Research Governance and Development oversees research development, biostatistics, grants, ethics, governance and communications. Please contact our office for more information.
- Governance and reporting structure that incorporates strategic and operational research committees from departmental to board level.
- Embedded research conjoint staff with our partner universities support growth in our research capacity.
- The Evidence-Based Professorial Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University engages clinicians in evidence-based practice to improve clinical service quality, effectiveness, safety, and efficiency.
- Clinical trials services who support from first-in-human to phase IV trials in a range of fields.
- Library services facilitate education, research and evidence-based practice.
- Health analytics provide advice on available data, extracting data from selected clinical systems, or arranging access to the clinical records (EMR).