Queensland’s School Immunisation Program (SIP) provides secondary school students in Year 7 and 10 with the opportunity to be protected from vaccine preventable diseases by receiving free immunisations. This program is part of the National Immunisation Program.
The Public Health Act 2005 requires school principals to disclose student and parent information to approved school immunisation providers, to allow them to:
- reconcile returned consent form for the School Immunisation Program against eligible students
- follow-up with parents of students who have not returned a consent form to offer them the opportunity to participate in the School Immunisation Program, and
- assist families to resolve concerns about their child’s immunisation needs.
Parents and guardians of Year 7 students will be sent an email with information and consent requests in the first school term, prior to any school vaccination clinics.
Parents and guardians of Year 10 students will be sent an email with information and consent requests in term 2, prior to any school vaccination clinics.
If a parent/guardian does not respond to the email, SMS reminders will be sent to request a form be submitted. It is requested that all parents complete a consent form even if they do not want their child vaccinated at school as this allows us to confirm that the immunisation offer was received.
- child moves school,
- do not receive an email or SMS request to complete the online consent form,
- require alteration to your child's consent to vaccinate (2 business day lead time)
- require further information
please contact School Immunisation Program on admin.immuniseGC@health.qld.gov.au, or call 1800 940 750.
Please note: Gold Coast School Immunisation Program forms are slightly different to those provided in other areas of Queensland. Only students with a completed and signed consent form will be vaccinated.