Gold Coast Health staff celebrated their achievements and those of individual colleagues at the health service’s annual staff awards at The Star on 24 November.
The event recognises and rewards dedicated and compassionate staff from across the health service’s 9000-strong workforce.
This year’s Golden Gala awards received more than 428 nominations across six categories.
Award categories are based on the Gold Coast Health corporate values – Integrity, Respect, Community First, Empowering People, Compassion and Excellence.
Chief Executive Ron Calvert said the Golden Gala was an important opportunity to recognise clinical and administrative staff who are living the organisation’s values every day and delivering the best patient care on the Gold Coast.
“It was a fitting way to acknowledge the hard work of our team as we near the end of another year and reflect on what we have achieved together,” Mr Calvert said.
“I would like to congratulate the winners and thank everyone who took part in the awards, including those who were nominated and especially those people who took the time to acknowledge their colleagues by submitting nominations.”
The winners were:
- Respect Award: Sharon Leslie, Team Leader, Integrated and Ambulatory Care Services
- Community First Award: Joseph Casey, Operational Support Officer
- Integrity Award: Nicole Ross, Senior Dietitian
- Compassion Award: Dr Wade Pullin, Medical Oncologist
- Empower Award: Matthew Scott, Nurse Navigator - Trauma Service
- Excellence Award: Dr Audra Gedmintas and the After-Hours Care Unit
The Golden Gala Awards were generously supported by Bond University, HESTA Super Fund, Gold Coast TAFE, Heritage Bank, Smartleasing and Print Monster.