Plastics and Reconstructive SurgeryOutpatient ServicesStatewide CPC
For urgent advice, please contact the registrar through switchboard 1300 744 284 or our GP Only Enquiry Line 5687 0003.
Out of Scope Services
The following conditions are out of scope for this service:
- Redundant tissue, excision (anywhere)
- Minor or asymptomatic scarring
- Asymptomatic benign lesions
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic labioplasty
- Tattoo removal
- Cosmetic augmentation mammoplasty
- Gynaecomastia in the context of obesity where the breast size is proportionate to the body habitus
- Replacement of breast implants
- Small volume breast reductions done for re-shaping
- Revisions after cosmetic surgery
- Gender reassignment surgery - redirect through gender reassignment clinic
Out of Catchment
Gold Coast Health is responsible for providing public health services to the people who reside within its boundaries. Special consideration is made for patients requiring tertiary services or for services that are not provided by their local hospital and health service district. If your patient lives outside the Gold Coast Health catchment area and you wish to refer them to one of our services, please indicate relevant medical or social information that will assist with the processing of your referral.
Please note that where appropriate and where available, the referral may be streamed to an associated public allied health and/or nursing service. Access to some specific services may include initial assessment and management by associated allied health and/or nursing, which may either facilitate or negate the need to see the public medical specialist.
- A change in patient circumstance (such as condition deteriorating or becoming pregnant) may affect the urgency categorisation and should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Please indicate in the referral if the patient is unable to access mandatory tests or investigations as they incur a cost or are unavailable locally.
- If your patient consents to telehealth, please indicate in the body of the referral.
Patient Must Bring
- Medicare card
- Any concession cards (e.g. Pension, Health Care, DVA, PBS Safety Net, ADF, etc.)
- Current medication list
- Reading glasses, hearing and mobility aids
Send Referrals To
If you would like to send a named referral, please address it to the specialist listed above, who will allocate a suitably qualified specialist to see the patient. Alternatively, you can view a full list of our specialists.