Paediatric EndocrinologyOutpatient ServicesStatewide CPC
Please note: This service currently only accepts referrals from internally referring clinicians. Please refer to the 'Are you referring to the right service' section if you are a GP or external referrer to determine alternate referral pathways.
For urgent advice, please contact the registrar through switchboard 1300 744 284 or our GP Only Enquiry Line 5687 0003.
Are you referring to the right service?
- Referrals for Paediatric Endocrinology – including obesity and growth failure - are accepted from Consultant Paediatricians only. General Practitioners should refer to Paediatric Medicine for initial assessment.
- Direct GP referrals will be accepted for children with:
- Confirmed Type 1 Diabetes (IDDM)
- Suspected/presymptomatic Type 1 Diabetes (IDDM)
- Suspected Type 2 Diabetes
- Patients referred before their 16th birthday will be offered an appointment in Paediatric Endocrine clinic. Patients over 16 should be referred to Diabetes and Endocrinology.
Out of Scope Services
The following conditions are out of scope for this service:
- Patients 16 years and over should be referred to Adult Endocrinology
Out of Catchment
Gold Coast Health is responsible for providing public health services to the people who reside within its boundaries. Special consideration is made for patients requiring tertiary services or for services that are not provided by their local hospital and health service district. If your patient lives outside the Gold Coast Health catchment area and you wish to refer them to one of our services, please indicate relevant medical or social information that will assist with the processing of your referral.
Please note that where appropriate and where available, the referral may be streamed to an associated public allied health and/or nursing service. Access to some specific services may include initial assessment and management by associated allied health and/or nursing, which may either facilitate or negate the need to see the public medical specialist.
- A change in patient circumstance (such as condition deteriorating or becoming pregnant) may affect the urgency categorisation and should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Please indicate in the referral if the patient is unable to access mandatory tests or investigations as they incur a cost or are unavailable locally.
- If your patient consents to telehealth, please indicate in the body of the referral.
Patient Must Bring
- Medicare card
- Any concession cards (e.g. Pension, Health Care, DVA, PBS Safety Net, ADF, etc.)
- Current medication list
- Reading glasses, hearing and mobility aids
Send Referrals To
Secure Web Transfer
Paediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology (E-Blueslips)
If you would like to send a named referral, please address it to the specialist listed above, who will allocate a suitably qualified specialist to see the patient. Alternatively, you can view a full list of our specialists.