Our Non-Clinical Internship Program allows students who are studying non-clinical disciplines at local tertiary institutions, the opportunity to gain real-world experience in their desired field of study.
Current Tertiary Partners
To date, Gold Coast Health has established relationships with the following local tertiary institutes:
Each internship opportunity will be completed during the tertiary providers enrolled trimester period. The Non-Clinical Internship Program has two formal intakes each year to accommodate for the differences in academic calendars across learning institutions:
- Intake one - January to June
- Intake two - July to December
Areas of study
An example of non-clinical disciplines that have successfully hosted student interns within Gold Coast Health are outlined below:
- IT – Information Technology, Multimedia, Software Development, Computer Programming
- Business – Human Resources, Employment Relations, Logistics & Supply Chain, Management/Business
- Humanities, Language & Art – Communication/Journalism, Public Relations, Creative Writing, Languages
- Tourism/Events – Event Management, Marketing, Hospitality
- Law – Legal Studies, Governance, Risk & Assurance
- Commerce – Accounting, Economics, Finance
Intern opportunities vary based on operational requirements. If you are interested in pursuing a Non-Clinical Internship as part of your academic studies, please contact the Work Integrated Learning Coordinator or Placements Officer from your tertiary provider.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourage the participation of students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.