Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service (QPMS)Outpatient ServicesStatewide CPC
- For urgent advice regarding a referral, please contact the Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service 5619 0772 or our GP Only Enquiry Line 5687 0003.
Are you referring to the right service?
- Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service is a statewide service and will accept referrals for patients outside the immediate Gold Coast Health catchment.
- For gynaecological related conditions not related to Pelvic Mesh. insertion/removal, please refer to Gynaecology
- For referrals related to incontinence or bladder dysfunction, please refer to Urogynaecology.
Out of Scope Services
The following conditions are out of scope for this service:
- Recurrent isolated symptoms of incontinence, bladder dysfunction or prolapse following mesh implantation in the absence of other mesh related issues, such as pelvic or vaginal pain
- Patient reassurance in the absence of characteristic mesh-related symptoms
- Assessment of morbidity following the implantation of other mesh products, such as hernia mesh or mesh related to colorectal disease
- The routine tracing or confirmation of past mesh implantation by contacting hospitals or previous providers
Out of Catchment
Gold Coast Health is responsible for providing public health services to the people who reside within its boundaries. Special consideration is made for patients requiring tertiary services or for services that are not provided by their local hospital and health service district. If your patient lives outside the Gold Coast Health catchment area and you wish to refer them to one of our services, please indicate relevant medical or social information that will assist with the processing of your referral.
Please note that where appropriate and where available, the referral may be streamed to an associated public allied health and/or nursing service. Access to some specific services may include initial assessment and management by associated allied health and/or nursing, which may either facilitate or negate the need to see the public medical specialist.
- A change in patient circumstance (such as condition deteriorating or becoming pregnant) may affect the urgency categorisation and should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Please indicate in the referral if the patient is unable to access mandatory tests or investigations as they incur a cost or are unavailable locally.
- If your patient consents to telehealth, please indicate in the body of the referral.
Patient Must Bring
- Medicare card
- Any concession cards (e.g. Pension, Health Care, DVA, PBS Safety Net, ADF, etc.)
- Current medication list
- Reading glasses, hearing and mobility aids
Send Referrals To
About Smart Referrals
Secure Web Transfer
Send to: Gold Coast Health Service District
Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service
Gold Coast University Hospital
1 Hospital Boulevard
Southport QLD 4215
If you would like to send a named referral, please address it to the specialist listed above, who will allocate a suitably qualified specialist to see the patient. Alternatively, you can view a full list of our specialists.