GastroenterologyOutpatient ServicesStatewide CPC
Get localised health information, at the point of care.
Sign in to HealthPathways
To discuss an urgent referral or gain some urgent advice, please contact the registrar through switchboard 1300 744 284 or our GP Only Enquiry Line 5687 0003.
Are you referring to the right service?
For Anaemia without gastrointestinal symptoms or iron deficiency, please refer to Internal Medicine
- For Anaemia related to gynaecological symptoms, please refer to Gynaecology
- For Dysphagia where the patient has not had a recent gastroscopy, please refer to Endoscopy
- For Dyspepsia/heartburn/reflux in patients over 50 years, please refer to Endoscopy
- For Patients with a positive FOBT, please refer to Endoscopy
- For suspected or confirmed Coeliac disease, please refer to Endoscopy
- For Barrett’s Oesophagus and Polyp Surveillance or Bowel Cancer Screening, please refer to Endoscopy
Out of Scope Services
- The following conditions are out of scope for this service:
- Screening colonoscopy in asymptomatic patients outside of the NHMRC guidelines
NB: If a patient has been fully investigated 2 years prior to referral, then the referrer and the receiving clinician will need to exercise clinical decision making in triaging and/or value in repeat endoscopy/colonoscopy procedures.
Out of Catchment
Gold Coast Health is responsible for providing public health services to the people who reside within its boundaries. Special consideration is made for patients requiring tertiary services or for services that are not provided by their local hospital and health service district. If your patient lives outside the Gold Coast Health catchment area and you wish to refer them to one of our services, please indicate relevant medical or social information that will assist with the processing of your referral.
Please note that where appropriate and where available, the referral may be streamed to an associated public allied health and/or nursing service. Access to some specific services may include initial assessment and management by associated allied health and/or nursing, which may either facilitate or negate the need to see the public medical specialist.
- A change in patient circumstance (such as condition deteriorating or becoming pregnant) may affect the urgency categorisation and should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Please indicate in the referral if the patient is unable to access mandatory tests or investigations as they incur a cost or are unavailable locally.
- If your patient consents to telehealth, please indicate in the body of the referral.
Patient Must Bring
- Medicare card
- Any concession cards (e.g. Pension, Health Care, DVA, PBS Safety Net, ADF, etc.)
- Current medication list
- Reading glasses, hearing and mobility aids
If you would like to send a named referral, please address it to the specialist listed above, who will allocate a suitably qualified specialist to see the patient. Alternatively, you can view a full list of our specialists.