Cognitive Disorders ServiceCommunityStatewide CPC
To discuss an urgent referral or gain urgent advice, please call the Central Intake Unit on 1300 668 936.
Are you referring to the right service?
- The Cognitive Disorder Clinic is a diagnostic service only.
- For patients with a known diagnosis of Dementia, please refer to the Dementia Outreach Service.
- For post-diagnosis counsellor, consider referral to Dementia Support Australia
- For genetic testing/counselling, visit Genetic Health Queensland or Neurology Genetics
- Request for ACAT assessment (My Aged Care), visit Australian Government of Health and Aged Care
- Referrals for this service are only accepted from General Practitioners.
Out of Scope Services
The following conditions are out of scope for this service:
- Outpatient follow-up of adults for acquired brain injury or neuro developmental disorder i.e., except whether there is a new onset of memory/cognitive decline.
- Presentations that would be more appropriately assessed and managed by specialist mental health services e.g. where a primary psychiatric diagnosis (e.g. major depression, generalised anxiety disorder, schizophrenia) is the most likely cause of the patient’s presenting symptoms
- Assessments of financial and testamentary capacity
- Formal occupational therapy driving assessments
Out of Catchment
Gold Coast Health is responsible for providing public health services to the people who reside within its boundaries. Special consideration is made for patients requiring tertiary services or for services that are not provided by their local hospital and health service district. If your patient lives outside the Gold Coast Health catchment area and you wish to refer them to one of our services, please indicate relevant medical or social information that will assist with the processing of your referral.
Please note that where appropriate and where available, the referral may be streamed to an associated public allied health and/or nursing service. Access to some specific services may include initial assessment and management by associated allied health and/or nursing, which may either facilitate or negate the need to see the public medical specialist.
- A change in patient circumstance (such as condition deteriorating or becoming pregnant) may affect the urgency categorisation and should be communicated as soon as possible.
- Please indicate in the referral if the patient is unable to access mandatory tests or investigations as they incur a cost or are unavailable locally.
- If your patient consents to telehealth, please indicate in the body of the referral.
Patient Must Bring
- Medicare card
- Any concession cards (e.g. Pension, Health Care, DVA, PBS Safety Net, ADF, etc.)
- Current medication list
- Reading glasses
- Hearing aids
- Previous medical reports and X-rays, if available
Send Referrals To
About Smart Referrals
Secure Web Transfer
Send to: Gold Coast Adult Community Health QHealth
Central Intake Unit
Robina Health Precinct
Level 4, 2 Campus Crescent
Robina QLD 4226
If you would like to send a named referral, please address it to the specialist listed above, who will allocate a suitably qualified specialist to see the patient. Alternatively, you can view a full list of our specialists.