Research training and support
The Office for Research Governance and Development offers education, training, and support opportunities for researchers.
The Research Development Team helps Gold Coast Health staff to:
- develop a research question and protocol
- understand research methods
- develop research grant applications and identify funding sources
- connect and collaborate with other researchers internal and external to the organisation
- access biostatistics support and collect, manage, and analyse data
- connect with other research-related services (e.g. Library services, Health Analytics services, Evidence-Based Practice Unit).
- understand how to disseminate research, including conference abstracts, presentations and journal articles.
For more information on Research Development's services, their contact details are available on the additional contacts page.
Producing a research protocol
To answer your research question, you must have a good study design. Your protocol is essential for study conduct, analysis, and reporting.
Read more about how to write a research protocol.
We recommend that you use our research protocol template though it is not compulsory.
You must submit your research protocol within your ethics application.
Publishing and presenting your research
The Research Development Team can assist with developing research publications and presentations. Poster templates (PPT, 3.8MB) that align with the Gold Coast Health visual style guide are available.
The 'Publishing your research' module is available through the Stimulating Action in Research (STAR) program. This is a Gold Coast Health Learning-On-Line program available to staff members.