The Office for Research Governance and Development offers education and training opportunities for researchers. This might include:
- Formulating your research question(s)
- Developing your study design and protocol
- Developing data collection and analysis techniques
- Preparing research grant applications
- Presenting and publishing research.
We run regular workshops on a variety of research training and development topics. Our research students, supervisors and researchers are welcome to attend.
The key to answering your research question is a good study design. It’s important you develop a strong research question, study design and analysis plan. Your protocol is essential for study conduct, analysis and reporting.
This is your study blueprint and covers:
- The plan for conducting the study
- The purpose and functions of the study
- How the study will be completed.
Before your write your protocol please:
Participant informed consent
Participants must receive information about your project before they agree to participate. They must then provide written informed consent before you proceed.
You’re responsible for the project’s financial management. Our budget template will help you manage your costings for the study.