We provide various grant opportunities that researchers can apply for to help facilitate research.
Find out more bout the Study, Education and Research Trust Account (SERTA) which provides funding for research, education and professional development activities.
The Collaborative Research Grant Scheme is delivered by Gold Coast Health in collaboration with Gold Coast Hospital Foundation, Griffith University, Bond University and Southern Cross University. The research grant scheme is a competitive grant program which provides support up to $100,000 for research projects of one to three years’ duration.
The aim of this grant scheme is to support innovative, collaborative and responsive health care research that optimises our system of health care.
The 2021 round of the grant scheme is now closed for Expressions of Interest (EOI).
The scheme involves a two-step application process. Following review of the EOIs by members of a panel, applicants with a successful EOI submission will be invited to prepare a full application.
A formal announcement of all grant recipients for 2021 will be made in November.
For further information about the Collaborative Research Grant Scheme or for access to valuable resources to assist with development of a grant application.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5687 0663.
Gold Coast Hospital Foundation is our official charity and registered with the Australian Charities and NFP Commission (ACNC). With an ATO status of 'Public Benevolent Fund' the Foundation can approach and receive funds from trusts, foundations, and grant funders to pass on to Gold Coast Health research teams for health research purposes.
Gold Coast Hospital Foundation works with Strategic Grants, a grant seeking specialist, to identify potential grant opportunities and assist with writing applications.
The Office for Research Governance and Development can provide advice about your application's scientific merit prior to requesting funding.
To enquire, please refer to the grants contact on the additional contacts page.
There are several bodies who provide research grant opportunities. For more information on grants' eligibility and availability please visit the organisations' website.
- ANZ Society of Nephrology
- Arthritis Australia
- Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Research Council
- Australian Respiratory Council
- Australian Rotary Health
- Bupa Health Foundation
- Cardiac Society of Australian and New Zealand (CSANZ)
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation
- Emergency Medicine Foundation
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- Haemophilia Foundation
- Harold Mitchell Foundation
- HCF Research Foundation
- Heart Foundation
- Ian Potter Foundation
- Kidney Health Australia
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
- Mito Foundation
- Motor Neurone Disease Research Institute of Australia Inc
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- Novartis Australia
- Nutrition Society of Australia
- Ophthalmic Research Institute of Australia
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- RACP Research and Education Foundation
- Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation
- Retina Australia
- Sanofi Australia & New Zealand
- Speech Pathology Australia
- Stroke Foundation
- Viertel Charitable Foundation
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust