The NHMRC recognises Centres for Innovation in Regional Health (CIRH) that have strong records of achievement and an international level of excellence in delivering research and evidence-based healthcare in regional and remote Australia.
A CIRH must demonstrate:
- Leadership in research and evidence-based clinical care that enhances the quality of healthcare in regional and remote Australia.
- Excellence in innovative biomedical, clinical, public health and health services research.
- Programs and activities to accelerate translation of research findings into healthcare and ways of bringing health care problems to the researchers.
- Research-infused education and training.
- Health professional leaders who ensure that research knowledge is translated into policies and practices.
- Strong collaboration amongst the research, translation, patient care and education programs.