Our nursing and midwifery research is well-established and continues to evolve in response to patient care and community needs. The nursing and midwifery culture supports several joint appointments between Gold Coast Health and Griffith University.
Our researchers play a key role in mentoring nurses and midwives in research activity, focusing on research to support the implementation of best evidence into clinical practice. Nurse and midwife researchers in the professoriate are internationally renowned for their research in the following areas:
- acute and complex care nursing
- emergency health services research
- midwifery care and models of maternity care
- patient safety
- sub-acute and aged care
- women’s health.
Our professors have led several research projects that have attracted significant competitive research funding from organisations such as:
- the National Health and Medical Research Council
- Queensland Health’s Statewide Older Person’s Clinical Network.
As research leaders, nurses and midwives in conjoint positions are well placed to influence research activity within Gold Coast Health.
- Read more about our joint research appointments
- Office for Research Governance and Development