We provide important data and health surveillance on the distribution, determinants and control of disease in our community.
Our information on health status and disease trends is used to develop public health policy, and inform the planning and delivery of health care and community programs.
What we do
- Monitor data for unusual or emerging communicable disease threats
- Identify the causes of diseases
- Monitor, analyse and report on trends in data to prevent, control and treat disease and illness.
- Undertake and advise on research and evaluation of public health interventions and projects
- Lead the development of the annual Gold Coast Population Health Profile
- Partner with research institutions for research and development
- Fund research by agencies to address local and regional priorities.