Protecting yourself. Protecting your mob.
We all play a role in stopping the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our community.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are at greater risk of coronavirus if they:
- are aged 50 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- have a weakened immune system
- are aged 70 years and over.
We must take steps to keep our vulnerable community members safe, especially Elders and those with chronic health conditions.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitiser
- Leave a location if it is crowded.
It’s also important to take care of yourself by eating a healthy, balanced diet, getting regular physical activity, sleeping well and reducing stress.
Click here for the latest COVID-19 information.